POS- WedgeCommerce Solution
By: Ajit Kumar On: February 12, 2018
POS- WedgeCommerce solution: It is a WedgeCommerce solution which ensures that Retailers have access to a single, connected view of customers, products, prices, orders, and other critical data elements. Based on that, they can create unified, omnichannel experiences for their customers both online and in-store. Connecting WedgeCommerce with POS will offer a more comprehensive shopping experience for Customers as it will enable everything to be done from Retailers‘ end.
It connects digital and in-store commerce to help retailers create more engaging in-store shopping experiences. It also helps retailers streamline store operations management.
The core POS capabilities enable transaction processing, sales, returns, and exchanges, with the flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements. And because POS is based in the cloud, it’s easier to deploy, maintain, and upgrade. Retailers get seamless updates and are never stuck with outdated software.
- It has a dependable failover system that jumps into action if there’s a network outage or a hiccup with a retailer’s Internet connection.
- POS helps in interacting with clients — credit card and ACH payments can be taken with the click of a button in Salesforce, eCommerce websites can be connected to process payments through Salesforce.
- Past purchases can be viewed, subscriptions updated, and much more.
- With POS features added to your Salesforce account, you can not only access that data but seamlessly process new sales — in person, online, or on the phone — right in Salesforce.
- It enables you to carry out the checkout process both in Online and Offline mode.
- POS system does away with the need for price tags. Selling prices are linked to the product code of an item when adding stock, so the cashier merely needs to scan this code to process a sale.
- You can also put an order on hold if you wish to check out later and your order would be processed from the point where you left the transaction.
- Retailers can be confident that their business will keep running even if their ISP isn’t.
POS Installation Link: Install Now
LIGHTNING CONFIGURATION VIEW OF POS
To use the application at the Lightning end, it is required to register the domain first. Kindly go through the article: How to register your domain in Salesforce .
Once you get registered with your Domain, please make sure that custom tabs related to POS WedgeCommerce should be Default On.
Follow the steps to verify or update it: From Setup | Manage Users | Profiles | Select Profile and click Edit to verify as mentioned in the screenshot below.
Once done, Click on Save and Switch to Lightning Experience and proceed with the configuration at Lightning view as shown below.
Community Configuration of POS WedgeCommerce
In order to configure POS WedgeCommerce in your Community Page, please follow the steps below:
Now, in the Builder section, follow the steps below to create a new Login Page to login to your POS system.
Step 1: Click on ‘Home’ and then on ‘New Page’.
POS Login Page Preview:
REQUIRED FLS for POS
After you are done with the setup and configuration, you also need to take care of Field Level Security of some fields of the Objects as shown below in the table:
|User||Id, Name, SmallPhotoUrl||Read|
|Account||Id, Name||Read, Create|
|Contact||Id ,Name , MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingCountry, MailingPostalCode, Phone, Email, AccountId||Read, Create|
|Order||Id, TotalAmount, OrderNumber, Status, CreatedDate, Pricebook2Id Transaction_Id__c, Description, Coupon_Applied__c, Discount__c, Tax_Rates__c, shipping_Charge__c, AccountId, Amount_Paid__c, IsPosOrder__c||Read, Create|
|Categories__c||Id, Name, Level__c, ParentCategory__c||Read|
|StoreAdmin__c||Id, Guest_Account__c, Pos_Order_Account_Type__c, Pos_Low_Alert_Product__c, Product_Low_Alert_Quantity__c,
|Product_Option_Variant__c||Id, Name, Modifier__c, Type__c, Product_Option__c||Read|
|Product_Option__c||Id, Name, Option_Type__c, Option_Status__c||Read|
|Product2||Id, Name, Product_image__c, Returnable__c, Image_Id__c, Stock_Availability__c, Barcode__c, Barcode_Type__c||Read|
How to Generate Barcode for your Products:
POS Order Tab:
Login to your POS System
Product List front End View
Search Product Criteria
You can set search Criteria if you want the product to be searched via either Product name or Barcode as shown below:
POS allows you to hold orders before checkout so that you can proceed with placing the Order and billing later on so that you don’t have to re-calculate the order at some later stage.
Step 1: Add a Customer.
Step 2: Click on Hold Order.
Step 3: Add some Notes stating the reason for hold and Click on ‘Hold this Order.’